At level 2, learners demonstrate comprehension or understanding by organizing, comparing, translating, interpreting, giving descriptions, and stating main ideas.
- How would you classify the type of treatment that Desertrose receives from her father?
- How would you compare the way Major treats Mina to the way he treats Desertrose? (Venn diagram)
- How would you contrast the way Major treats Mina to the way he treats Desertrose? (Venn diagram)
- Select a sentence from the story, and interpret it.
- Select an excerpt from the text and rephrase it in your own words.
- Select some facts to show that Desertrose is determined to free herself from her life?
- Select a paragraph and state the main idea. (Who or what is it about (the subject)? What is the most important thing being said about the subject?
- Select three statements that support the claim that Desertrose is a determined individual.
- Can you explain what is happening when Desertrose is on the dark city streets?
- What general statement can you make about Desertrose that you can support with evidence from the story?
- Create a question. a. Write what might be the answer; b. what can’t be the answer, c. what is that is the best answer, and d. none of the above, not necessarily in that order. Label your answers (abcd) Allow a classmate to attempt to answer the question. Explain to him/her why his/her response is the best answer or why it is not. Provide evidence to support your position.
- Define what it means to summarize something. Select a paragraph and summarize it.
Copyright © 2016 by JC Vincent. All rights reserved. This document or any portion thereof may not be reproduced without the express written permission of the owner.