At level 3, learners demonstrate learning by solving problems by applying knowledge, facts, techniques and rules in an different or original way.
- How would you use Major’s decision to eat all the food to prove that selfishness does not pay?
- What examples can you find to prove that Desertrose is traumatized by her parent’s choices?
- Using what you have learned from the story and discussions, how would you help a friend solve a serious problem that they are having with their parents?
- How would you organize three major events of Desertrose’s life to prove that her parents’ final decision was in her best interest?
- How would you show your understanding of the impact that hunger can have on a child’s mental health?
- What approach would you have used to get away from a home life you could no longer bear?
- How would you apply what you learned to develop a plan to help young people manage a difficult home life?
- What other way could you plan to help to help young people manage a difficult home life?
- What would be a result if Mina were strong enough to protect her own interest?
- Can you make use of the facts about Major to prove that he is emotionally unstable?
- What elements would you use to change Desertrose’s family for the better?
- What facts would you select to show that your opinion of Desertrose is accurate?
- Select the character that most influenced you. What questions would you ask him or her in an interview?
Copyright © 2016 by JC Vincent. All rights reserved. This document or any portion thereof may not be reproduced without the express written permission of the owner.