At level 6, Evaluation (revised to create), the learner presents and defends opinions by making judgments about information, validity of ideas or quality of work based on a set of criteria. Answers should be supported with evidence from the text and/or background knowledge.
- Would it have been better if Desertrose had told her story to Sister Marie or some other adult instead of holding it all inside?
- For both obvious and not-so-obvious reasons, why did the character choose to run away?
- If you had a friend with a home life like Desertrose’s, what would you recommend?
- How would you rate, the first officer’s level of community service?
- What would you cite to defend the actions of the first officer?
- How would you evaluate the support that Desertrose receives from Sister Marie?
- How could you determine what Major values?
- What choice would you have made if you were Mina and Major ate all of the food?
- If you were Desertrose, what would be the first thing you’d write in the journal that Sister Marie gave her?
- What social services should be provided to help children in Desertrose’s situation and how should they be prioritized?
- What judgment would you make about parents who engage in domestic violence?
Copyright © 2016 by JC Vincent. All rights reserved. This document or any portion thereof may not be reproduced without the express written permission of the owner.